Thursday, December 07, 2006

Currant Fingerless Gloves

Remember the currant coloured yarn I spun back in November? Well, when I brought it home, Daughter Avery, said with a squeal!!! "OOO, Momma!! What are you going to do with that?" "I would really like something out of that, if you don't have plans for it." As only my DD can do.

So here they are. I used the pattern from the Debbie Bliss, Junior Knits and then modified. Planned on doing the Fetching, but the yarn was a bit thick and I started out with the purl stitch and ended up with 6 knit stitches at the end. Rip?? No way!! I'll make up my own pattern, so that's just what I did. Single large cable up the middle. Did the magic loop on these too. I love that loop!

I really like the yarn too. I did a long draw technique (for all you spinners) so it's very soft and spongy. Can't remember the breed, but it's a cross of Finn and two others. Really nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY high on the cute scale! And will look quite stunning on Avery. Well done on the adapt-so-you-don't-have-to-rip pattern. Cool.