Monday, February 19, 2007

More Felt Jewelry




Well this is it for the Feltmakers Ireland Guild meeting on Wednesday. Been fiddling around with another necklace and a couple of rings.

The little rose ring I made from prefelt. Cut it into strips and folded it in half. Rolled it around itself like you would if you were making Pinwheel cookies or a Roulade. Stitched it as I went and then clipped the fold to create the pedals. I used another piece of prefelt for the bit that goes around the finger. I felted it again to stabilize it. I like the little silk fibres that peak around the edges.



I made this one from the extra felt balls that were used on the necklace. I finished it all before realizing that it has a strong likeness to the Irish flag. Not the sparkles or the roundness, but Irish none the less. It's a fun little ring that my daughter loves.


Necklace number 2. Goes with the ring! It's a set. Not intended, but that's fine. I was trying to do something else besides felt balls, so oblong, oval and elliptical came to mind. Tried a bit of decoration on the balls too. I'm not a beader. Just don't have the skills or knowlegde yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day and so I will press on and see what happens.

7 comments:

Ger said...

Holly, you are a real whiz at this beautiful felted jewellery making. They are really cute!
Ger

Leigh said...

This is so cute! What a great idea.

Teaandcakes said...

Those are really, really fabulous Holly. You're very clever.

Cheryl said...

The pics don't really do justice to how cute they are in person!

Diane said...

I love the bling!!!!

Diane said...

I love the bling!!!

Rebecca (rural Irish eco felter!) said...

These are really beautiful, especially the rose ring. Do you sell on etsy?

Do you have the web address for the Irish feltmakers guild?