Monday, February 19, 2007

More Felt Jewelry




Well this is it for the Feltmakers Ireland Guild meeting on Wednesday. Been fiddling around with another necklace and a couple of rings.

The little rose ring I made from prefelt. Cut it into strips and folded it in half. Rolled it around itself like you would if you were making Pinwheel cookies or a Roulade. Stitched it as I went and then clipped the fold to create the pedals. I used another piece of prefelt for the bit that goes around the finger. I felted it again to stabilize it. I like the little silk fibres that peak around the edges.



I made this one from the extra felt balls that were used on the necklace. I finished it all before realizing that it has a strong likeness to the Irish flag. Not the sparkles or the roundness, but Irish none the less. It's a fun little ring that my daughter loves.


Necklace number 2. Goes with the ring! It's a set. Not intended, but that's fine. I was trying to do something else besides felt balls, so oblong, oval and elliptical came to mind. Tried a bit of decoration on the balls too. I'm not a beader. Just don't have the skills or knowlegde yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day and so I will press on and see what happens.

7 comments:

Ger said...

Holly, you are a real whiz at this beautiful felted jewellery making. They are really cute!
Ger

Leigh said...

This is so cute! What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Those are really, really fabulous Holly. You're very clever.

Anonymous said...

The pics don't really do justice to how cute they are in person!

Diane said...

I love the bling!!!!

Diane said...

I love the bling!!!

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful, especially the rose ring. Do you sell on etsy?

Do you have the web address for the Irish feltmakers guild?