Monday, November 20, 2006

Knitting Coils


Do you remember the Coils? I wasn't sure what to do with it. Knitting can sometimes cover up the beauty of the yarn. Isobel had knitted this lovely openwork scarf that I thought would really suit this yarn. She generously gave me the pattern.

It is a combo of knit 2 together/yarn over. I've used it before on a few things, but.... Mine always seems to move sideways. It doesn't hang straight. So as hers was perfect.. I'd give it a try.

Half way through.... It's a wave, right then left. Nice!! FROG!!! Not easy with the coils. Ok, I'll try and follow the pattern exactly. By this time I can see the shift in pattern from row to row and 2-3 hours later!!

Voila! Trellis Pattern Scarf. I love it. It's very light and lofty, yet warm with the wool. Happy, happy, happy!!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, that's really lovely looking - it really shows off the yarn, doesn't it? Looks completely different to the one I did in the debbie bliss merino. Both great of course, it's just amazing how the same pattern with different yarn can look different.

Anonymous said...

VERY cute scarf 'in person' I must say!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Welcome back, the pics of France look great. Love the colours in the coils.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely alright!!

Leigh said...

It's absolutely yummy! I love the colors as well as the coils.