Friday, July 28, 2006

Aqua


Did some spinning last night and this morning. It's the Cheviot that I got for free. Spins up nice. A bit hairy and scratchy, but will do nicely for a cardi or jumper. Learning to pull batts into roving, too. Makes the spinning go faster if it's thin. At least for me. Anyway, it's greener than it looks in the picture.




I've spun 2- 100grm balls so far. Still need to wash and set the twist today. The list is beginning to add up for the trip to Donegal on Monday. Need to find a good "Toe Up" sock pattern. Wind the self-striping yarn into a ball. Get together and copy patterns for the trip and make sure I have the right needles.
I'm doing a knitted Irish Landscape piece for the Weavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild for an exhibition that will show at the Knitting and Stitching Show in November. Yarn is from a Dyeing Day that was held by the ladies and Peter in March or April. Can't remember, but it was COLD. Hale, rain, sun, wind... makes for a great day of cooking wool outside. Memorable none the less. I'll stick to Acid Dyes, thanks.

No comments: