Monday, October 30, 2006

Next Project, Coils!

As if I needed another project, here it is. Blue Faced Leicester Roving. Lovely and soft. Takes the colour nice. I can't figure out how I used to get such brilliant clear colours in the beginning of my dyeing adventure. Seems all my colours come out a bit muted. Anyway, this is the dyed and dried roving. I like it. I still have a thing for purple and greens.


















This is the single spun. Yummy. I plied it with a white mohair that I got at Avoca last year. The cone was 7 euro for 1/2 Kilo. Great price. Very fine, so it would take an eternity to knit anything with. Great for plying. Nice and strong. Look what I did by accident. Coiling!! Oops. Got a little carried away with feeding it into the orifice and ooh, that looks cool. So I continued on. I really love this. Think I'll try a big coil on the next one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw it in person....very cute coils. Gettin' a bit plucky-fluffy are we now?

Anonymous said...

Hey it looks really cool Holly!

Diane said...

that looks very nice...coils are cool

Leigh said...

Wow, that's great! I love the muted colors (I'm a purple and green lover myself). Good job with the coils.