Friday, October 20, 2006

Big Wheel Keep onTurnin'




One more thing off the list. 900 grams of Blue Faced Leicester is spun. This is the roving that I unintentionally dyed pastel instead of brights. Whoops!! Anyway, I decided to spin it up for the Knitting and Stitching Show that will be in Dublin, November 2-6. I'm working at the Weavers, Spinners and Dyers booth one day doing fibre transformation. You know. Greasy fleece, carding, combing and then spinning. Right before your very eyes!!
They will have items for sale, representing the 3 disciplines of the Guild. This is some of my contribution. I have yet to measure or label my skeins. Now I'm on the hunt for a great software program for labels. Easy click and drag stuff that looks fantastic. I know, I'm not asking for much, but if anyone knows of one, let me know.

I'm also doing two dye boards with samples of non-toxic dyeing options. The Kool-Aid samples are done, so today belongs to Goodall's Food colouring. We'll see how that turns out. I'm not sure how complicated to go. Do I do a lesson on colour theory in Pompoms? Mini skeins, solids, blends? Oh, the possibilities are endless, but my time isn't, so press on.
















No comments: