Monday, September 25, 2006

Last Bit - I Promise

Ok, here is the last bits of the show. Went to two classes with Isobel and we did a crazy patchwork bag and a felt house class. Had no idea what the Felt House class was, but I love to felt, so bring it on.






The Patchwork bag class was fun, even though I sewed a few pieces on backwards. Oops! The felt house, well I didn't really appreciate what I was seeing until I gave it a bit of a chance and thought of the possibilities for my kids and Christmas decorations. Daughter, Avery thought the house was the best thing from the show when I got home. She immediately furnished it with miniature furniture and people who now reside in the Felt House. Our teacher was very insecure about her choice of projects due to being torn apart the day before with disgruntalled class goers. Boo to them for poor behavior.

Spent the last couple hours on Sunday seeing the bits of the show that I hadn't seen on Saturday. Found an amazing new yarn by Sirdar. Sublime, which it is...Cashmere, Merino and Silk blended into tranquil colours that are very soothing and classic. Bought 3 balls and a pattern book with a lovely waistcoat pattern in it. At last, 2 hours resting our weary shopping bones and getting a bit of knitting in.


While in the presence of Sock Knitting Scholars and after ripping that Self Striping Sock down one more time, I finally got help for my problem and turned the heal at the airport before tucking the sock and needles into the suitcase! YES!!




No comments: