Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sublime Knitting


Nearly done with the Knitting projects from the Sublime wool, cashmere, silk I got in Birmingham in September. I'm sticking to the rule of finishing off as much yarn as possible too. I'm a little afraid of the reports coming in on this wool from friends that have knit with it. It does split easily.

I knit the hat in Portugal and had a ball and a half left. So instead of putting it in the storage box, I though I'd knit a scarf. This is the knit 2 together, yarn over pattern that I did the coil yarn from. I got it off of Isobel's blog.



The Sunflower Tam came from Knitting Nature, which I really like. The fit is interesting. Not a beret at all. Longish from the rib up and very flat on top. Kind of a big pillbox hat. I had to move it around until I liked the placement on my head.

Quite a few patterns to use on my stash. I think the Aqua Cheviot is next on the list. I've even found the pattern.







3 comments:

tangelled angel said...

LOVE that sunflower pattern! looks really cool. That book has so much inspiration in it. Must- buy-it

Diane said...

what a great set! can't wait to see the hat in person

Leigh said...

I love the tam. It's a beauty.