Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pressies


















This year for Kris Kindle, I received this beautiful neck wrap. The Feltmakers Ireland committee get together in December and do a quicky meeting, food carry-in and a present swap. This year we chose names and Suzanne drew mine. YEAH!!

It wraps around the neck and has a strap that goes around again, fastening over the lovely red felt flower. It has a hand loop that slips over and secures underneath. Yummy green is always a bonus for me.















So after receiving and wearing my neck wrap, I made another for a Christmas pressie for A Simple Yarn. It's made from super fine carded merino for Filzrausch, crinkle chiffon from a friend in China and the super cool flower made from Silk Carrier Rods.



















I love the nuno effect that happens with silk and wool. I wet it the night before and it practically melted together over night. Took no time for the wool to incorporate with the silk. Roll and shape.
















Oh, the fun to be had with these!! Now my new favorite thing to play with and dye!

1 comment:

cheryl@asimpleyarn.com said...

I LOVE my pressie! Unfortunately, it's been in the 50-60s here in Virginia. Rats! Ah well, I'll happily break a sweat to wear such a lovely piece.