Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 10th



















My Older Sister Laurie got married this weekend. She married a wonderful man and their very happy. So are we. They've known one another for many years and have spent the last year of so just spending time together and falling in love. They're amazing parents to their 5 grown children and are wonderful examples to them. All the best.















This is my family. My younger sister Jenny is on the left, then mom (3 weeks after knee replacement surgery, Lauren (Laurie's youngest) Jordan kneeling (Laurie's oldest), Laurie, Me and her dearest friend Dena from California.















It was very cold (32 degrees), but sunny. It had rained for the previous few days, so an outdoor wedding on the lake was not certain. It was lovely and Laurie wasn't cold. Adrenalin!















Roy (DH) performed the ceremony for them. It was sweet of them to ask. Roy and Jim have been friends for some time, so he was thrilled.














The next day she ran the Chicago marathon. 26.2 miles! Her first one! She said that she was registered and paid for before the engagement came. You can't train for that and not do it. They're off to Hawaii next week. We all went up to watch and cheer. No, I was not inspired to try it myself. I know my limitations and it's 26.1 to many miles for me. Yes, she did make a veil for her running hat. Easy way to keep track of her amongst 40,000 runners. It was fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your new post. It is fun to see your whole family at Laurie's wedding! I still have a little card that she gave me the last time we saw each other. It says "I'm not rough and I'm not tough. I'm a surfer and that's enough." Too funny. We were most likely in middle school. Love to you all. Kim Luiken Bouck

Sheila said...

Good to see those lovely pictures. Your sisters wedding dress is beautiful. We all miss you very much back in Ireland and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sheila xxxxx